380 Auburn Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30312
Emily Cox and her sons, Charles and Allen established Cox Brothers Funeral Directors at the turn of the 20th Century in 1902. Also known as Cox Brothers Funeral Home, the family business was originally located at 69 Pryor St. Towards the end of the Great Depression, the Cox family moved their business to its current location, an historic two-story brick building at 380 Auburn Ave. The funeral home is one of the oldest extant African American owned businesses in Atlanta. Its proximity to Westview and Oakland cemeteries made it a convenient mortuary option for Atlantans.