Swan House Gardens, among numerous other gardens at Atlanta History Center, are a perfect place for a romantic proposal. If you want to bring a photographer or videographer, you will need a photography permit, follow our photography guidelines, and check availability for the photography permit. Due to the frequency of weddings on our campus Friday through Sunday, most photography permits are issued Monday through Thursday only. For more information on obtaining a photography permit for your proposal click here.
You are welcome to propose during operating hours anywhere on property without a photographer as long as you have purchased general admission tickets.
- There is a $500 photo shoot permit fee that includes up to two hours. It is $250 per additional hour.
- Up to ten guests are permitted.
- Personal photo shoots include but are not limited to: engagements, wedding, maternity, family, Quinceanera, and proms.
- Any photography including the usage of a tripod is considered a photo shoot and will require a permit.
- Photo shoot fees are non-refundable.
- We allow exterior photography only. Interior photography of our historic houses, including the Swan House, is not allowed.
- Photo shoots can take place daily from 8:00am-5:00 pm.
- We require two weeks’ notice for scheduling and you can book up to five weeks in advance. An Atlanta History Center staff member will be present during the photo shoot.
- Photo shoot requests outside of business operating hours (early morning or evening photography) are priced individually and begin at $500 per hour with a two-hour minimum. Regardless of the desired scheduled photo shoot time frame, billing begins at 5:30 pm.
- Once booked, photo shoots may be rescheduled up to three business days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot start time to avoid a fee. Once within that three-day period a $60 reschedule fee will apply for any reason including weather.
- If poor weather threatens your photo shoot, you may reschedule to an alternative date so long as you notify the Special Events Department in writing at least three business days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot start time. There is a $60 reschedule fee for rescheduling less than three days in advance for any reason (including weather).
- All photography, with the exception of visitors taking tourists snapshots without a tripod, is considered a photo shoot and requires a permit.
For bookings and availability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.