Guests are welcome to take photos at Atlanta History Center on their phones; however, all other photography sessions, personal or commercial, require a permit which must be obtained in advance through our Private Events department.
If you are interested in scheduling a private personal photo shoot, proposal, styled photo shoot, commercial photo shoot, or photography workshop, please visit our Private Photo Shoots page, or contact: 404-814-4090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All guests must purchase an admission ticket to explore the Atlanta History Center Museum, our historic houses, and the surrounding 33 acres of Goizueta Gardens—even if the sole intent of your visit is to take photos.
- Photography can only take place during normal operating hours.
- Use of a professional handheld camera is not permitted without express consent from a guest engagement ambassador at the admission desk. If approved, you will receive a lanyard that signifies you have received permission to use a professional camera during your visit without a permit.
- Approved exceptions include members of the media, film scouts, social media influencers working in partnership with Atlanta History Center, and tourists traveling with a professional handheld camera.
- Photography should not disrupt any aspect of a private event—setup included—nor the experience of other guests on our campus.
- General admission photography may be prohibited in certain areas of our campus due to a private event, construction, collections maintenance, etc., in which case all visitors must comply with signage or direction from staff.
- All visitors must adhere to our Rules of Civility.
Private Photo Shoots
Atlanta History Center is private property—all photo shoots require a photography permit issued from Atlanta History Center.
Atlanta History Center offers seven indoor and outdoor venues for weddings, corporate and nonprofit events, social events of any occasion and photo shoots.
Rules of Civility
We embrace our role as a community resource and connector; therefore, we provide evidence-based history from multiple perspectives.
Buildings & Grounds
Our 33-acre experience features award-winning exhibitions, historic houses, and gardens. If you’re looking for history, knowledge, and adventure, you’ve come to the right place!