Last Updated April 2nd, 2021
2. Information We Collect and Receive. We collect your Personal Data to deliver the services you request, to help improve your experience when using our Sites, and to support our business functions. We collect your Personal Data in a variety of ways when you interact with the Sites. More information about the categories and sources of Personal Data is provided below.
2.1 Information You Provide to Us. We collect Personal Data that you decide to share with us. At times, we may require you to provide certain information in order to use certain parts of our Sites, fulfill your requests, or provide you with certain services.
2.1.1 Making a Donation or Becoming a Member. We will ask you to provide Personal Data that is necessary to process and service your donation or membership online, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card number. We use third party payment processors to process payments made to us. We do not retain any personally identifiable financial information such as credit card numbers. All such information is provided directly to our third-party payment processors such as Shift4, Chase Paymentech, Square, Gateway Ticketing System, and Network for Good (the “Payment Processors”). The Payment Processor’s use of your Personal Data is governed by their privacy policies.
2.1.2 User Content. Certain features and functionalities of the Sites may allow you to upload user-generated content, including comments, photographs, and videos that you choose to upload or broadcast on the Sites. If the Sites contain audio or video features, we will collect your audio and video data to provide you with these features and functionalities.
2.1.3 Completing a Survey and Other Forms. When you complete any forms or respond to a survey or questionnaire, we collect the Personal Data you provide to us. Participation is voluntary, and you will have the opportunity to decide whether or not to disclose Personal Data to us via the Sites.
2.1.4 Purchasing Tickets to an Event. We will ask you to provide Personal Data necessary to fulfill your online ticket order or request, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, and credit card number. This is the same information requested when you place a ticket order by telephone or in person. For online ticket orders or requests, we also require your email address so that you can receive order, shipping, event, or other transaction-related emails, and so that we can communicate with you if we have difficulty processing your ticket order or request. When you purchase tickets, your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secure server, and we will retain the Personal Data you provided with your order for our records, to facilitate customer service, and to inform you of related products, programs and offerings. All payment data is stored with our Payment Processors.
2.1.5 Shopping in our Online Store. If you purchase an item in our online store, we will ask you to provide Personal Data necessary to fulfill your online order, which may include your name, billing and shipping addresses, telephone number, and credit card number. When you make an online purchase from our store, your credit card information will be stored temporarily on a secure server, and we will retain the Personal Data you provided with your order for our records, to facilitate customer service, and to inform you of related products, programs, and offerings. All payment data is stored with our Payment Processors.
2.1.6 Communicating with Us. If you contact us by email, telephone, or any other means to report a problem with our Sites, or you request information from us, we may record your Personal Data, as well as the content of your communication to help us respond to your inquiry and for future training purposes. You may also choose to submit information to us via other methods, including: (i) in response to marketing or other communications, (ii) through social media or online forums, or (iii) in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with us.
2.2 Information We Obtain from Others. We may obtain Personal Data about you from third-parties such as advertising and marketing partners and social media platforms. We may also obtain information that does not identify you directly, but which is later used in a way that may later directly identify you. We may combine that general information with your Personal Data to provide related services to you.
2.3 Information We Automatically Collect. We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Sites, including internet or other network activity information (as described below), unique device identifiers, browsing and search history (including content you have viewed in the Sites), and cookies and other technologies (as described below). Information collected automatically includes:
2.3.1 Log information. We retain information about you when you access and use the Sites. This information can include the following: Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, timestamps, browser information, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), webpages visited, and the URL of the webpage you visited before navigating to our Sites.
2.3.2 Usage Information. We monitor user activity in connection with the Sites and may collect information about the applications and features you use, websites you visit, as well as types and amount of the Sites you use.
2.3.3 Crash and Error Information. If the Sites crash or return an error, we may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first or third-party services. The crash or error information collected may include the following: Device IP address, device name, operating system version, application configurations(s), the time and date, and other statistics.
3.1 Cookies. Below, we explain the different types of cookies that may be used on the Sites.
3.1.1 Necessary Cookies. Necessary cookies are essential to enable your use of the Sites and to identify and prevent security risks.
3.1.2 Preference Cookies. We use these cookies to remember your settings and preferences and to improve your experience on our Sites.
3.1.3 Session Cookies. Session cookies are stored only temporarily during a browsing session and are deleted from your device when you close the browser. We use these cookies to support the functionality of the Sites and to understand your use of the Sites—that is, which pages you visit, which links you use, and how long you stay on each page.
3.1.4 Statistics Cookies. Statistics cookies help collect information about your use of the Sites and enable us to improve the way it works. These cookies give us aggregated information that we use to monitor the Sites’ performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the Sites, and measure the effectiveness of marketing (including emails).
3.1.5 Marketing Cookies. Marketing cookies are used to show users display advertisements across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. We do not display ads for any website besides our own.
3.1.6 Unclassified Cookies. Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
3.2 Other Technologies. In addition to cookies, we may use other technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Sites (about usage including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics of the Sites.
4. How We Use Your Information.
(i) Provide the information, products, and services you request;
(ii) Process your donations and membership and communicate with you regarding your donations and memberships;
(iii) Provide you with effective customer service;
(iv) Better understand your needs and interests, and provide you with a personalized experience when you use our Sites;
(v) Contact you if you are an email subscriber with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you ;
(vi) Contact you with information and notices related to your use of our Sites;
(vii) Invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences that you have expressed to us);
(viii) Improve our products, services, and Sites and develop new products and services, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, and improve the content, functionality, and usability of the Sites;
(x) Promote security and protect against and prevent fraud, claims, and other liabilities;
(xii) Help you, if you are one of our employees, perform your job functions and to manage our workforce; and
(xiii) Use for any other purpose for which we provide notice at the time of collection.
(b) We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Sites and from other sources so that such information can no longer be linked to you or your device (“Aggregate/De-Identified Information”). We may use Aggregate/De-Identified Information for any purpose, including, without limitation, for research and marketing purposes.
5. How We Share and Disclose Information.
5.1 Service Providers. We provide access to or share your Personal Data with select third parties who perform services on our behalf. They have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your Personal Data for other purposes. They provide a variety of services to us such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services.
5.2 Business Partners. We also provide co-branded services or promotions with certain sponsors or other business partners. As a part of these services or promotions, we may request the submission of your Personal Data for participation and/or registration. We share this information with the sponsor or partner participating in the service or promotion. If the sponsor or partner collects your personal information, they may also share your information with us.
5.3 Public Forums. Certain features of our Sites make it possible for you to share comments publicly. Any information that you submit through such features is not confidential, and we may use it for any purpose (including in testimonials or other marketing materials). Any information you post openly in these ways will be available to the public at large and potentially accessible through third-party search engines. Accordingly, please take care when using these features.
5.4 Your Consent. We may ask for your consent to share your Personal Data with third parties. When we do, we will make clear why we want to share the information. We may share your Personal Data for other purposes pursuant to your consent or with your further direction.
5.5 Aggregate/De-Identified Data. From time to time, we may share Aggregate/De-Identified Information about use of the Sites, such as by publishing a report on usage trends. The sharing of such data is unrestricted.
5.6 Legal Reasons. We may also disclose your Personal Data when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. We may also disclose your Personal Data to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of our Sites; to enforce or apply our policies or other agreements; or to protect our own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of our users or others. We will attempt to notify our users about legal demands for their Personal Data when appropriate, in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague, or lack proper authority.
6. Your Choices.
(a) You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive new cookies, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all our website features. In addition to the browser-based controls, you can manage third party cookies by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note that you must separately opt-out in each browser and on each device. Advertisements on third-party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt-out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
(b) You may access, review, and update certain Personal Data that you have provided to us by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
(d) If you do not provide the Personal Data that we need to provide the Sites, we may not be able to provide with the Sites or certain functionalities. We will tell you what Personal Data that you must provide in order to receive the Sites.
(e) Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make reasonable efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
7. Information Retention. We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Last Updated April 2nd, 2021
1. Notice to Children. If you are under age 13 and you wish to participate in certain events or exhibits at, conducted by, or sponsored by us, your parent or guardian must register you and provide their consent as well as your information. Please ask your parent or guardian to fill out your online registration form or any other forms requesting your information.
2. Parent/Guardian Consent. Through our various program registration systems, we collect information from parents and legal guardians who choose to register their child in the programs that target participants who are under the age of 13. COPPA requires that we first seek a parent or guardian’s consent by email. If we do not receive parental consent within a reasonable time, we will delete the parent contact information and any other information collected from the child in connection with that activity. You may also grant consent by providing one of the following: (a) a credit card or other payment method in your name for payment, or (b) a signed statement of consent specific to the program, exhibit, or activity that will involve your child.
3. Teacher Consent in Lieu of a Parent.With regard to school-based activities, COPPA allows teachers and school administrators to act in the stead of parents to provide consent for the collection of personal information from children. Schools should always notify parents about these activities. For more information on parental rights with respect to a child’s educational record under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (“FERPA”), please visit the FERPA site.
4. Reviewing Information. To review any information about your child, please contact the program director or the department offering the program. If you do not want us or a specific program to release any information about you or your child or if you wish to have your information or that of your child removed from our database, you must notify us in writing of your request. If you are unable to contact the office or program staff, contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
5. Revoking Consent and Deleting Information. At any time, a parent or guardian may revoke consent and direct us to delete your child’s information from our online data storage. If you revoke your consent, your child may not be able to participate in an event; please check with the event manager or program director for more information. If you ask us to delete your child’s information, we will not use it for any purpose except where required by applicable laws or regulations. To revoke consent, contact us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.