We are dedicated to creating a safe environment for our staff and guests. We have implemented policies to reduce contact, keep our facilities clean, and mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Masks encouraged
- Following CDC public health guidelines
- Disinfecting public areas regularly
- Placing plastic barriers at close contact areas
- Limiting our capacity to allow adequate space to social distance
- Low-touch admission process; we are currently only accepting debit/credit cards
- Promoting a low touch experience— some interactives are closed
- Implementing digital wayfinding; click here to access our mobile campus map on your phone
- Stay home if you do not feel well or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 6 feet of distance between you and others.
- Wash your hands frequently and practice good hygiene when coughing or sneezing.
- Follow all staff instructions.
New Operating Hours
For the safety of all guests, a limited number of visitors will be admitted every 30 minutes. We encourage all visitors to reserve entry by purchasing timed tickets online. Each ticket block has limited capacity.
The first general admission ticket block is at 9:00am. The last ticket block is at 3pm.
Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are only valid for the date and time you have selected. Onsite sales are limited.
You can purchase your ticket here. Select a ticket and the desired date of visit and entry time. Upon completion of purchase, you will receive a confirmation email containing a print-at-home ticket for your chosen entry time.
If you purchased a ticket prior to closure, please contact email@example.com prior to your visit, and someone will be happy to assist with your reservation.
Before you arrive.
- Print your ticket or make sure it is available on your phone.
When you arrive.
- Enter at the main entrance at your reserved entry time. Have your mobile or print at home tickets ready to scan.
- You will scan your ticket and be prompted to download a digital campus map.
- Ambassadors are stationed throughout the experience to orient and assist.
- Restrooms are available in the museum building and in Swan Woods at Wood Cabin.
- Atlanta History Center Midtown (Margaret Mitchell House)
Reserve your ticket.
You can purchase your ticket here. Tickets are available in 30-minute blocks throughout the day. Once you select the ticket, you will be prompted to select the date of visit and time of entry.
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation containing a print-at-home ticket as well as your assigned time for entry.
Onsite ticket sales are available. All transactions are credit/debit only.
Please arrive on time for your entry. Missed reservations may be required to reschedule at another available time.
All tickets are non-refundable.
For assistance with purchasing advance tickets, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the safety of our staff and guests, we have limited capacity in order to give everyone more space. Each time slot has limited availability, which will allow us to keep crowding at a minimum.
You can purchase a ticket here. Select a ticket and the desired date of visit and entry time. Upon completion of purchase, you will receive a confirmation email containing a print-at-home ticket for your chosen entry time.
You will scan your tickets at a station located at our main entrance. You may print your tickets or scan the barcode from the pdf on your phone.
Yes, but entry is not guaranteed for walk-up purchases. Our ambassadors will accommodate you at the next available time slot, which may not be on the same day.
We encourage you to arrive on time and will try to accommodate late arrivals. However, entry is not guaranteed.
There are no time limits.
The first entry is 9:00am.
The last entry time is 3:00pm.
No, but you are welcome to reserve a time.
Yes. You can drop off physical guest passes with our Guest Experience team once you check in on-site. For online reservations, you may include up to 2 additional persons to your reservation if you have physical guest passes to redeem. Guest pass extensions will be honored on all physical guest passes.
If you do not know your membership number, please contact us at email@example.com.
No. With extensions, you will not need a new membership card. Your membership number will only change upon your next renewal with us.
Projects & Initiatives
Atlanta History Center is collecting materials that illustrate how people are experiencing and responding to all aspects of life in Atlanta during the COVID-19 crisis.
We are living through historic times—times that we need your help to document.
Over the past six months, Atlanta History Center has received over 900 of your most intimate, heartwarming, heartbreaking, funny, and unpredictable pandemic moments. Thank you for trusting us to preserve these moments in history.
Navigate our 33-acre campus on your mobile device.