A commercial photo shoot permit is required for businesses taking pictures for promotional purposes, including but not limited to clothing, hair, makeup, vehicles, textiles, etc. The commercial photo shoot permit requirements extend to photography for magazines as well.
- There is a $1,500 nonrefundable photo shoot permit fee that includes up to four hours for up to ten people. It is $200 per additional hour.
- We require at least three weeks’ notice for scheduling, and you can book up to four months in advance. An Atlanta History Center staff member will be present during the photo shoot.
- A private photo shoot permit does not mean there will not be museum guests around. Your event manager will help manage the museum guests during the photo shoot.
- A photography permit is required for photography on the Swan House Garden fountain side lawn.
- Photography on the Smith Farm is not permitted. Commercial photography inside the Swan House starts at $10,000 and must be after hours or on a Monday when we are closed.
- Photo shoots outside of business operating hours (between 5:00pm – 8:00am) are priced individually.
- We do not provide facilities for hair and makeup. McElreath Hall restrooms can be used for changing.
- A photography permit is for still photos only. Filming of any kind, including drones, must be approved in advance, including filming of a photo shoot.
- Monday and Thursday mornings until about 11:00am there is lawn care and grass cutting around the Swan Garden. The grass on the column side of the Swan House may be watered between 8:00am and 10:00am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. In the fall, leaves are blown every morning until about 10:00am. Photography is still permitted at these times as long as you are flexible with your photography location.
- If poor weather threatens your photo shoot, you may reschedule only if you notify the Private Events Department at least three days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot. There is a $60 fee for rescheduling less than three days in advance for any reason, including weather.
- The Swan Fountain side lawn is closed January 1st through mid-March, and again mid-September to mid-October. The Swan Column side lawn is closed July through August.
For bookings and availability, please email us at email@example.com.