A commercial photo shoot permit is required for businesses taking pictures for promotional purposes, including but not limited to clothing, hair, makeup, vehicles, textiles, etc. The commercial photo shoot permit requirements extend to photography for magazines as well.
- There is a $1,500 photo shoot permit fee that includes up to four hours. It is $250 per additional hour.
- A commercial photo shoot permit is required for any business wishing to take photos for promotional purposes, including but not limited to magazines, clothing, hair, makeup, vehicles, textiles, etc.
- All products, props, number of models and crew, etc. must be disclosed to Atlanta History Center for approval. Not all photography is approved. Models in lingerie or less than conservative attire are not allowed.
- Any photography including the usage of a tripod is considered a photo shoot and will require a permit.
- Photo shoot fees are non-refundable.
- We allow exterior photography only. Interior photography of our historic houses, including the Swan House, is not allowed.
- Photo shoots can take place daily from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- We require two weeks’ notice for scheduling and you can book up to five weeks in advance. An Atlanta History Center staff member will be present during the photo shoot.
- Photo shoot requests outside of business operating hours (early morning or evening photography) are priced individually and begin at $500 per hour with a two-hour minimum. Regardless of the desired scheduled photo shoot time frame, billing begins at 5:30 pm.
- Once booked, photo shoots may be rescheduled up to three business days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot start time to avoid a fee. Once within that three-day period a $60 reschedule fee will apply for any reason including weather.
- If poor weather threatens your photo shoot, you may reschedule to an alternative date so long as you notify the Special Events Department in writing at least three business days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot start time. There is a $60 reschedule fee for rescheduling less than three days in advance for any reason (including weather).
- All photography, with the exception of visitors taking tourists snapshots without a tripod, is considered a photo shoot and requires a permit.
For bookings and availability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.