A styled shoot is for wedding industry vendors promoting wedding services of a decorator, wedding planner, or photographer. This is usually done with models, producing small mock wedding ceremony setups, tablespaces, etc. A Styled Shoot permit is for one photographer. A Styled Shoot with multiple photographers is considered a Styled Shoot Workshop.
- There is a $1,000 photo shoot permit fee that includes up to four hours. It is $200 per additional hour.
- In addition to photographer(s) you may have up to 20 people: crew, models, decorators, etc. Each additional nonphotographer person is $25.
- If a styled shoot has more than one photographer, it will be considered a workshop. Each additional photographer is $200.
- All products, props, number of models and crew, etc. must be disclosed to Atlanta History Center for approval. Not all photography is approved. Models in lingerie or less than conservative attire are not allowed.
- Styled shoots and workshops require at least three weeks’ notice for scheduling, and you can book up to four months in advance. An Atlanta History Center staff member will be present during the photo shoot.
- A private photo shoot permit does not mean there will not be museum guests around. Your event manager will help manage the museum guests during the photo shoot.
- A photography permit is required for photography on the Swan House Garden fountain side lawn.
- Photography on the Smith Farm, and interior photography of the historic Swan House are not permitted.
- Styled shoots and workshops are only permitted during operating hours between 5:00pm – 8:00am.
- We do not provide facilities for hair and makeup. McElreath Hall restrooms can be used for changing.
- A photography permit is for still photos only. Filming of any kind, including drones, must be approved in advance, including filming of a photo shoot.
- Monday and Thursday mornings until about 11:00am there is lawn care and grass cutting around the Swan Garden. The grass on the column side of the Swan House may be watered between 8:00am and 10:00am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday. In the fall, leaves are blown every morning until about 10:00am. Photography is still permitted at these times as long as you are flexible with your photography location.
- If poor weather threatens your photo shoot, you may reschedule only if you notify the Private Events Department at least three days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot. There is a $60 fee for rescheduling less than three days in advance for any reason, including weather.
- The Swan Fountain side lawn is closed January 1st through mid-March, and again mid-September to mid-October. The Swan Column side lawn is closed July through August.
For bookings and availability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.