Opened: 1928 | Renovations: Numerous | Still in use
Sanford Stadium on the campus of University of Georgia has been home to the university’s football team for many decades. The facility has seen expansions and renovations nearly every decade as it has increased capacity and added new features while staying true to the original design and appearance. One feature of the stadium known to fans is the hedge row. Games are played between rows of hedges that line the fields. This landscaping feature has existed since the 1920s. The hedges were only removed once for the summer of 1996 to accommodate the football (soccer) competitions of the Olympic Games.