Opened: 1926 | Renovated: 1951, 1994 | Still in use
The 1996 Games made use of an old minor league stadium in the center of Columbus, Georgia. First used as a baseball field in 1926, this facility has continued to hold a name in honor of a local businessman who owned and operated Goldens’ Factory and Machine Co. and a cotton gin company, Theodore E. Golden. This stadium hosted all the softball events for the Games. Funding from the organizing committee and local authorities helped renovate the facility in advance of the big summer.