Tickets to Martin Luther King Jr. Day 2022 are free, but required. Please select the desired time slot for either Sunday, January 16 or Monday, January 17. Tickets must be redeemed within 15 minutes of the selected time slot on the day of the event. A small number of walk-up tickets will be available.
After a year of an all-virtual celebration, Atlanta History Center is thrilled to welcome guests again to an in-person Martin Luther King, Jr. experience along with virtual components. We invite you to celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in his hometown of Atlanta through a variety of virtual and in-person educational family activities, including simulations, crafts, and story time, as well as offerings for adults including author talks.
COVID-19 policies will be in place for the in-person event, and capacity will be limited. A small number of same-day passes will be available at the door, but advanced registration is strongly encouraged to guarantee admission. Guests will not be admitted without either an advanced registration pass or same day pass.
- Ticket price: Free, but registration or same day pass required
- Parking: Limited free parking is located on Atlanta History Center’s campus, 130 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30305. The entrance to the event will be the main museum entrance.
- Rideshare/ MARTA: MARTA bus route 110 stops along Peachtree Road, approximately 15 minutes walking distance from Atlanta History Center; rideshare should be directed to McElreath Hall at Atlanta History Center.
- Accessibility: Building is fully ADA-compliant, paved paths are available to Swan House, crushed gravel paths available to Smith Farm.
- Food & Drink: Soft drinks, juice, and water will be available for purchase; lunch available for purchase from Souper Jenny café
Check back here soon for more information! We can’t wait to see you there.
Funding for this program is provided by the Fulton County Board of Commissioners.