In an effort to further educate the public about the organization, its location, and its programs and exhibitions, the Atlanta History Center tries to accommodate requests for photography as well as TV & Film production. Convenient location, acres of natural beauty, the majestic Swan House Mansion, our 1860’s Smith Family Farm and many unique spaces, venues and exhibits make us an ideal location for your photo shoot. For commercial photo shoots and TV & Film production, the subject, themes, controversial nature as well as the appropriateness and treatment to the Atlanta History Center mission and brand will all be taken into consideration before giving approval for the project to take place on our property.
To schedule a site tour, photo shoot and for more information contact our Events Department at 404.814.4090 or by email.
Personal Photo Shoots (Bridal, Engagement, Family Portrait, Corporate Headshot, etc.)
- Exteriors and during business operating hours only
- Mon - Sat 10 AM- 5:30 PM; Sun 12 PM - 5:30 PM
- $300 minimum for up to 2 hours
- $125 per hour or any portion thereafter
- Prom photo shoots can be scheduled as a personal photo shoot, at the minimum rate
*Schedule at least two weeks prior to the photo shoot date desired. May book up to one month in advance. After hour requests will be handled individually and fees will be created based on the scope and times of the shoot.
If poor weather threatens your photo shoot, you may reschedule to an alternative date so long as you notify the Special Events Department in writing at least three business days in advance of your scheduled photo shoot start time. There is a $60 reschedule fee for rescheduling less than three days in advance for any reason (including weather).
Commercial Photo Shoots (Brochures, magazine spreads, advertising campaigns, etc)
- Fees are customized and based on the scope of the shoot, location and staffing required
- During operating hours fees usually start at $600 for up to four consecutive hours and $900 for eight hours
- Outside regular hours fees usually start at $900 for four hours and $225 per hour or any portion thereafter
- Shoots that include interiors or need to close areas off have fees that usually start at $2,000 for eight hours
*Schedule at least two weeks prior to the photo shoot date desired.
TV & Movie Filming (including commercials)
- Fees are customized and based on the scope of the project, location(s) desired and disruption to our normal business
- Support locations are available for rental independently
* For site visit or more info contact our Events Department at 404.814.4090 or by email.
Film & TV Clients:
- Hunger Games: Mockingjay – 2014: Swan House and support locations
- Store Brand Med TV Commercial – 2013: Museum Shop, Olympic Elevator & Executive Conference Room
- The Vampire Diaries – 2013: Swan House Boxwood Garden and support locations
- Necessary Roughness – 2013: Support location Commercial Row at MMH
- ABC Studios Devious Maids – 2013: Support location in McElreath Hall and parking deck
- Lifetime’s The Anna Nicole Story – 2012: Swan House Boxwood Garden & Porch and support locations
- Hunger Games: Catching Fire – 2012: Swan House and support locations
- Four Fellas Production Last Vegas – 2012: Support location Commercial Row at MMH
- So You Think You Can Dance – 2012: Swan House exteriors
- Braxton Family Values – 2012: Swan House exterior & Grand Overlook ballroom
- MTV & New Remote Productions – 2012 & 2013: Support location Commercial Row at MMH
- Quick Production: Tyler Perry’s Marriage Counselor – 2011: Support location Commercial Row at MMH
- Amazing Race – 2011: Swan House exteriors & Margaret Mitchell House interior
- Twentieth Century Fox Three Stooges – 2011: Margaret Mitchell House campus: bank building facade & Commercial Row for support
- Fastball Productions / Universal Pictures – 2011: Support location Commercial Row at Margaret Mitchell House
- Bonanza Productions – 2010: Support location Commercial Row at Margaret Mitchell House
- Who Do you Think You Are? – 2010, 2011 & 2012: McElreath Hall: Kenan Research Center, Library Reading Room
- Little Darlings – 1980: Swan House exterior